Why Record Your Sheep?
Potential ram buyers use Estimated Breeding Values (EBVs) to identify rams with superior breeding potential.
EBVs provide a recognised way to add value to your sheep and improve your flock.
There are two main reasons to record with Signet:
1. Improve your marketing
- At sales – where there is an increasing commercial demand for EBVs
- From home – where EBVs can support the breeding claims of homebred rams
- Online – where rams and semen sales can be promoted using EBVs.
2. Improve your flock
- With an independent and accurate assessment of carcase traits
- With EBVs for traits of commercial and economic importance
- If you want to take your flock forward, add value to your breeding stock and promote your genetics, then start recording with Signet.
Signet's Sheepbreeder Service
Sheepbreeder is a performance recording service for sheep producers.
Through the analysis of pedigree and performance records a range of Estimated Breeding Values (EBVs) and Breeding Indexes are generated to help sheep producers identify genetically superior rams and ewes.