Why Record Your Cattle?
Performance recording gives breeders and bull buyers an objective way of assessing the genetic merit of breeding animals through the production of Estimated Breeding Values (EBVs).
EBVs provide a recognised way to add value to your cattle and to improve your herd.
There are two main reasons to record with Signet:
1. Improve your marketing:
- At sales – where there is an increasing commercial demand for EBVs
- From home – where EBVs can support the breeding claims of homebred bulls
- On-line – where bulls and semen sales can be promoted using EBVs.
2. Improve your herd:
- With an independent and accurate assessment of carcase traits
- With EBVs for traits of commercial and economic importance
If you want to take your herd forward, add value to your breeding stock and promote your genetics – then start recording with Signet.
Signet's Beef Recording Services
Beefbreeder is a performance recording service for cattle producers.
Through the analysis of pedigree and performance records a range of Estimated Breeding Values (EBVs) and Breeding Indexes are generated to help beef producers identify genetically superior bulls and cows.
This publication provides further information.