Charollais Premier Sale July 2022 – Signet Performance Recorded ewes and Shearlings rams top the sale
Performance recorded ewes topped the female trade, a shearling ewe from the Cavick flock 21WVW01215 sold for 3800gns to the Ingram family. Other top prices in this section came from Signet recorded flocks, the Ingram family later sold a pair of shearling ewes for 1500gns 21ZNN37343 and 21ZNN37325,
Onto the shearling ram trade, top price was achieved by the Ingram family, Logie Durno Walking Thunder 21ZNN37414 who was the pre-sale champion, and then sold for 7,000gns.
The Ingram family’s Loanhead flock topped the recorded ram lamb trade with Loanhead Al Pacino 22WNC43508, selling to another recorded flock Elizabeth Barber and Mitchel Britten for their Cavick flock. Other top prices for recorded lambs from the same flock included Loanhead Al Capone 22WNC43541 then sold for 5000gns to Grant Pink, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, for his Bicton flock.
Dalby Ancelotti 22PE10661 sired by Dalby Ranieri and out of a homebred ewe from Charles Sercombe sold for 4,000gns to Robert Gregory’s Edstaston flock, this lamb had impressive figures with an index in the top 5% of the breed, picture below.
Class 2 – Signet Shearling Ram Class Results
- 22 – Logie Durno Weightman 21ZNN37366
- 42 - Loanhead Wallace 21 WCN37466
- 33 – Crogham Wayfair 21AB02002
- 41 – Logie Durno Wonderwall 21ZNN37320
- 26 – Rainbow Waterside 21XPU04397
- 27 – Rainbow Weardale 21XPU04400
Class 6 – Signet Ram Lamb results
- 172 – Cavick a la Carte 22WVW01260
- 66 – Oakchurch 22WKW01028
- 206 – Bronwydd Awyddys 22WAJ00917
- 92- Arbryn Amadeus 22WRF00892
- 84 – Edstaston Amigo 22TG012565
- 96 – Carnew Armani 22ZXJ32268
- 200 – Loanhead Anchorman 22WCN43526
- 50 – Ffwrd Atomic 22YET0282
Females = top 3800gns, average 12725gns
Shearling rams = top 9000 gns, average 1810gns
Ram lambs = top 15,000gns, average 1353gns
Dalby Ancelotti 22PE10661.
Photo courtesy of the Charollais Sheep Society